Help reform Australia’s dangerous war powers
Add your name to the petition to Senate leaders here now. Tell them you want checks and balances in place before an Australian Prime Minister can act – alone and behind closed doors – to send Australia to war.
War puts the lives of our armed forces at risk, the lives of civilians in other countries at risk, and the life of every single Australian at risk. It’s not a decision that should be made by one person. As a nation, we must be sure before we go to war.
Sign the petition here now and help reform Australia’s inadequate war powers.
Australians can be sent to war simply because it suits the domestic agenda of aPrime Minister. Or worse, because it suits the aspirations of other countries. If an Australian Prime Minister wanted to send troops overseas today, it could be done without a parliamentary debate, consultation with the public, or even a requirement to assess the risks and costs.
Help change that today. Add your name now and demand a change in Australia’s war powers.
Because we must Be Sure on War.
- 2018-09-05 10:42:07 +1000signed
- 2018-09-05 10:13:18 +1000signed
- 2018-09-04 21:47:55 +1000signed
- 2018-09-04 13:14:06 +1000signed
- 2018-09-04 11:50:06 +1000signed
- 2018-09-04 09:25:17 +1000signed via
- 2018-09-04 08:12:46 +1000signed
- 2018-09-03 21:26:11 +1000signed
- 2018-09-02 10:21:14 +1000signed
- 2018-09-02 05:43:50 +1000signed
- 2018-09-02 01:08:15 +1000signed
- 2018-09-01 13:40:14 +1000signed
- 2018-09-01 08:56:33 +1000signed
- 2018-08-28 08:13:15 +1000signed